EBT Forum / For all Things Bikes
May 25, 2019, 05:33:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bike Monoing  (Read 3492 times)
frostype400
Global Moderator
Full Throttle

pe400 benalla

« on: January 14, 2010, 06:11:45 PM »

I dont ride pushbikes I will ride to my local shops one thing I hate is lycra bandits I never had a race bike why would you want one just mountian bikes and I can still jump on it and do a wheelie as long as I want and one handed wheelies. Smiley

pe400x2 74gt80a 76rd250cd mt250 wanted tm400 project and suzuki pe parts.
Mick
Full Throttle

Founder of EBT Forum, but no longer owner..

« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2010, 06:16:22 PM »

I have always known them as a Mono  Grin 

M.

Your a long time dead, so get out there and enjoy yourself while you still can :-) would loved to have been able to race vintage enduro bikes in Victoria, but sadly that as yet has not happened, so many blokes would have loved to be able to race, owell shit loads of us still have the memory's of racing enduro bikes back in the late 70's and 80's, time to move on to other things I guess :-) but if racing classes for vinduro bikes start then I will dust off my bike and be out there racing my old bike as that is what it was made for ( Racing )
frostype400
Global Moderator
Full Throttle

pe400 benalla

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2010, 07:12:37 PM »

mono on a moto wheelie on a pushbike just to keep them seperate one handed monos I can do I am having trouble on the 400 though the power is bang straight up I had the front wheel up in 5th last time I went riding you dont want to crash a mono at 70 or 80 km either when you see a guy going slow that is harder than going fast.

I was riding my bike to the local shops a while ago and I seen a guy I knew he has a old chrysler I came around a corner on one wheel and I was going down the path for a good 20 meters and he was getting closer he was already inpressed so I went one handed and did the hey charger peace sign he was laughing it is funny because people always say oh your that guy that does the mono's my mates cant do them the same either I can do 2 km's no worries round corners or round right in a circle that is my one thing though I dont attempt back flips. Smiley

pe400x2 74gt80a 76rd250cd mt250 wanted tm400 project and suzuki pe parts.
ty4
Clubman

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2010, 08:13:06 PM »

your not on your own there tom68 :'(
Tom68
Clubman

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2010, 08:34:02 PM »

Started practising pushbike monos a couple of months ago whilst riding with the kids, can pull off the occasional 40 footer, then I got game and rode the concrete skateboard pit, in and out over the gal pipe edge.
Couldn't do pushbike monos as a kid and never would have thought to ride down a vertical concrete wall.

Lycra, come on all this is in jeans, which are also my trail bike pants. Might look a bit sad but better than hiding on the couch.
Nathan S
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2010, 11:18:23 PM »

Nothing is sadder than sitting on the couch...

Used to be a bit of a wheelie king on the MTB. Out the back of the work car-park, up the lane way, through the Coles carpark, across Underwood St, all the way up Francis Ave, and into Glenlea St, all on the back wheel - well, I managed it a few times anyhow... The last bit was the hardest - the road curved quite tightly and was fairly steep, and off camber, and then you had to turn right mid-way round.
The driveway was way too steep - I'd have loved to go building to building, but it wasn't going to happen.
(In the unlikely event that anyone gives a poop: if you go to Google maps and find Corrimal NSW, the trip began at the left of the blue "60" and ended at the end of the short, unnamed  street off Cresting Avenue).

Haven't been on the MTB at all for two years, and had lost 99% of my wheelie ability even then.
Have never been able to mono a dirt bike to save myself.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: