EBT Forum / For all Things Bikes
June 16, 2019, 09:19:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fuel Capacity  (Read 861 times)
Facebook - Google
« on: September 08, 2014, 11:30:31 AM »

One of the problems with modern enduro bikes is there very small fuel capacity they have, here Milner who raced weekend just gone has had designed and built a bigger tank of 13.6L so he can complete a race with less refills.

I don't know how many times these days I see blokes carrying spare fuel bottles in a back pack because there bike will run out around the 60 to 70 K mark, it is time they designed enduro bikes with 11 to 13L tanks again.

Tex
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2014, 12:36:52 PM »

Now that is interesting. I wonder how it affects centre of gravity, handling, access to electrics etc? You wouldn't think there's much room on a modern enduro bike to fit a bigger tank like this.

I see that it has a B&B sticker on it, so maybe this is something we'll see in their product range soon.

Maybe the same thing will become available for motocross bikes too?

Tex
Husky 85
Full Throttle

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2014, 01:17:38 PM »

why mx bikes Tex, the fuel can is just on the trailor, not at the fuel drop 15 k's away.... Cheesy

cant beat a comfy seat!
Tex
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2014, 01:32:58 PM »

why mx bikes Tex, the fuel can is just on the trailor, not at the fuel drop 15 k's away

True enough! Motocross bikes seem to be popular in the US for the Grand National events and similar enduro style events though. A few people race them in enduro style events in Australia too.

I've seen some neat 125cc motocross-enduro conversions, that'd be even nicer with a bigger fuel tank. 

Tex
Husky 85
Full Throttle

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2014, 01:44:17 PM »

no doubt its a bigger issue these days. back then it was a simple matter of making the enduro tank fit the mx bike Cheesy the mounts were usually the same

cant beat a comfy seat!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: