EBT Forum / For all Things Bikes
December 15, 2017, 05:14:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DG Goodies List for IT 175  (Read 7122 times)
Mick
Full Throttle

Founder of EBT Forum, but no longer owner..

« on: January 21, 2014, 10:41:29 PM »

Your a long time dead, so get out there and enjoy yourself while you still can :-) would loved to have been able to race vintage enduro bikes in Victoria, but sadly that as yet has not happened, so many blokes would have loved to be able to race, owell shit loads of us still have the memory's of racing enduro bikes back in the late 70's and 80's, time to move on to other things I guess :-) but if racing classes for vinduro bikes start then I will dust off my bike and be out there racing my old bike as that is what it was made for ( Racing )
frostype400
Global Moderator
Full Throttle

pe400 benalla

« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2014, 11:09:19 PM »

That would have been a pretty good bike for sure it is nearly as dear as the whole bike though there wouldn't have been big heaps with everything on that list imagine trying to gather all that gear now would cost a fortune if you could find it.

pe400x2 74gt80a 76rd250cd mt250 wanted tm400 project and suzuki pe parts.
Mick
Full Throttle

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2014, 11:27:50 PM »

Yes you don't see people these days spending $12,000 odd on a bike and then spend that again on improvements.

Your a long time dead, so get out there and enjoy yourself while you still can :-) would loved to have been able to race vintage enduro bikes in Victoria, but sadly that as yet has not happened, so many blokes would have loved to be able to race, owell shit loads of us still have the memory's of racing enduro bikes back in the late 70's and 80's, time to move on to other things I guess :-) but if racing classes for vinduro bikes start then I will dust off my bike and be out there racing my old bike as that is what it was made for ( Racing )
frostype400
Global Moderator
Full Throttle

pe400 benalla

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2014, 11:40:29 PM »

Improvements like that probably not necessary on new bike imagine someone telling you they bought a new bike and changed the forks swingarm and shock and head it wouldn't make sense.

pe400x2 74gt80a 76rd250cd mt250 wanted tm400 project and suzuki pe parts.
Mick
Full Throttle

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2014, 12:05:08 AM »

The fact that not to many people back in 1979 did the DG improvement ?, tells me that most then also did not think it would help much, I guess today the top riders and there bikes have big dollars spend on them that we don't hear about that much, but Joe average just buy and ride with maybe a few so called improvements like, Pipe, Suspension, Exel Rims and billet kits for weight and look, talking about look, heaps these days change there plastic's and slap some crazy sticker kit on to the point sometimes I can not even tell what bike brand they are riding when looking at it front the distance  Smiley

LWC3077
Full Throttle

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2014, 12:43:28 PM »

A lot of the mods were legitimately needed back then eg good unbreakable levers like Maguras and folding tip gear levers, but these days bikes are really good out the box and main thing people do is individualisation of cosmetics or different tank or bars. i was still surprised to see a modern 690 KTM that did not have a folding tip brake pedal though.

LWC3077
Full Throttle

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2016, 11:45:41 PM »

What magazine does this scan come from? Is there a full article?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: