EBT Forum / For all Things Bikes
April 23, 2018, 07:42:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Not Rockley....ROCKY! WTC at Maldon  (Read 3608 times)
SHIDOT
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2012, 08:03:33 AM »

Two more videos, first one shows Brit, Bradley Cox (Youth) put in a faultless section, second shows Pro, Loris Gubain (France) put in another effortless section, with a wave for the appreciative and knowledgeable crowd.

Cheers,
Chris.
SHIDOT
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2012, 08:39:55 AM »

One of the Youth team making it look easy....

SHIDOT
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2012, 09:01:17 AM »

He;s happy.....

Hard to believe that the whole surface area is WET and it's drizzling.....

SHIDOT
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2012, 09:15:58 AM »

This is a good show of how they can launch from flat ground using deft clutch work and "bouncing" the suspension, then of course dead stopping to balance.

Pro bikes weigh in the low 60 kilo's ready to tackle the course, tyre pressure differences of 1/4psi can make all the difference in success or plummeting backwards a "minder" told me as he pumped a rear tyre.

Cheers,
Chris.
neilb
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2012, 09:17:48 AM »

Thanks, great photos, puts a new meaning to single trails!!!
hopefully Drakies not watching as there could be some new lines at Harrow this year.
SHIDOT
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2012, 09:30:09 AM »

Hehe....Harrow should be good for it too.

Cheers,
Chris.
tony66
Full Throttle

« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2012, 09:51:59 AM »

that is some really good riding and bike control thanks for posting it up for us to admire all that skill.
cheers tony

2004 KLX 300 when put back together
1991 KDX 200 going
1981 KDX 175 almost going
and a kanga which is green to keep with the theme
Mick
Full Throttle

Founder of EBT Forum, but no longer owner..

« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2012, 12:39:02 PM »

Good to see so many people there enjoying the weekend Smiley

Cheers Mick.

Your a long time dead, so get out there and enjoy yourself while you still can :-) would loved to have been able to race vintage enduro bikes in Victoria, but sadly that as yet has not happened, so many blokes would have loved to be able to race, owell shit loads of us still have the memory's of racing enduro bikes back in the late 70's and 80's, time to move on to other things I guess :-) but if racing classes for vinduro bikes start then I will dust off my bike and be out there racing my old bike as that is what it was made for ( Racing )
SHIDOT
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2012, 04:24:48 AM »

Yeah we were certainly hemmed in a few times...I was so amazed that no-one had a tumble...there were a few slips and slides. Some of the elderly folk were getting about with walking sticks, one even in a wheelchair. How some of the older or more portly people got to their vantage points was pretty impressive..... Shocked

Seems like all the riders were high in there praise of the sections and the technical aspects therein. They want to come back next year which is a big plus to getting this event here again. If so, I am hoping they will have some official merchandise for sale as I was very disappointed that there was no official FIM merchandise for sale....only highly inflated "look-alike" riding gear. Bikes were seriously discounted though....  Roll Eyes

Cheers,
Chris.

ps....we did snatch some bunting and a couple Pro-section gate markers....  Grin

SHIDOT
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2012, 10:53:45 AM »

Now I will admit the bikes are so perfected to their task and have it all over the type of bike we on here may be most familiar with, but the things they do now is astonishing. To see them lean back for a launch when there is a thirty foot drop behind them, held there by deft brake-throttle-clutch work....and doing a balancing act...simply amazing.

Best part was the crowd interaction with the competitors, and with such a close proximity and the rider's teams chatting to the crowd, it was a thrill to equal any motosport event I have been to.

Anyway, some more vids....the first shows just how physical it is on the body, these guys are super fit. The second and third shows the same section from two more different vantage points. It is section 1 and is one of the easiest...hence the three different views as WE could get about it too....fourth video shows the "catchers" in action...a vital part for both bike and rider safety.

The Catcher on the Rise..... :Smiley

Cheers,
Chris.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: