EBT Forum / For all Things Bikes
June 16, 2019, 09:15:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: how do you store your bikes  (Read 952 times)
frostype400
Global Moderator
Full Throttle

pe400 benalla

« on: May 06, 2012, 06:11:17 PM »

My shed is getting a bit full I was wondering if anyone has any good storage ideas if they were just in a row along one wall it be no drama but a lot don't have stands.

Do they make like a big rack you see for bikes for motorbikes something that you can just push your front wheel in would be the go I have plenty of room but not much organisation, thanks Michael.

pe400x2 74gt80a 76rd250cd mt250 wanted tm400 project and suzuki pe parts.
4V5
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2012, 06:53:34 PM »

milk crates... or office chairs. both are easily found in council hard collection.

sometimes it's easy to use a pin to hold the sidestand on just so it can be used in the shed.. I've found to have a few bikes together in one spot it's easier if they're either all standing up straight or all leaned on their side stands.. I think I can fit more in my shed on their sidestands  Wink

Cheers!
Leslie
Nathan S
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2012, 10:09:32 AM »

Top to tail, as upright as possible, with the handlebars straight.
Done this way, you can usually rest footpegs against engine cases (if you're really jamming them in), which protects things like radiator shrouds and seat covers.

I also strip down parts bikes and 'one day' project bikes, because you can hang them from the ceiling and the walls that way.
SHIDOT
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2012, 07:20:30 PM »

Rent a 155m2 factory $300 week!

Cheers,
Chris.
frostype400
Global Moderator
Full Throttle

pe400 benalla

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2012, 10:14:24 PM »

I do have a factory Chris Grin the problem is I sell one then buy another I sold my it250 and ts250 but bought a yz450f and another pe400 I will sell the yz450f on and I want to sell my xt500 but I still have a heap of things.

I think quality is better than quantity I don't think it is worth having a bike sitting around for years unless you are really attached to it.

I have thought maybe I could get a shipping container and put some that I am not working on in that and also maybe I can hand some to my mate to put in his house he is getting the gt80 soon I just need to sort the headlight and indicators.

I might try and get the bikes all in a line down the side of my shed this weekend.

pe400x2 74gt80a 76rd250cd mt250 wanted tm400 project and suzuki pe parts.
Mick
Full Throttle

Founder of EBT Forum, but no longer owner..

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2012, 10:18:07 PM »

I might try and get the bikes all in a line down the side of my shed this weekend.

Photos please Frosty  Smiley

Cheers Mick.

Your a long time dead, so get out there and enjoy yourself while you still can :-) would loved to have been able to race vintage enduro bikes in Victoria, but sadly that as yet has not happened, so many blokes would have loved to be able to race, owell shit loads of us still have the memory's of racing enduro bikes back in the late 70's and 80's, time to move on to other things I guess :-) but if racing classes for vinduro bikes start then I will dust off my bike and be out there racing my old bike as that is what it was made for ( Racing )
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: