EBT Forum / For all Things Bikes
June 17, 2019, 01:04:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Adventure Ride. Gympie, Birdsville Races.  (Read 463 times)
Casper
« on: July 10, 2011, 08:47:55 AM »

Hello all,

on August 20-21 I will be taking my Kawasaki KLR 650 to the Gympie Country Music Festival from 24th to 28th August. Then a four day ride across the Channel Country to the Birdsville Races. No trip to Birdsville would be complete without a visit out to, and up, Big Red (the sand dune). After that a leisurely four day ride home.

As much of the riding as possible will be on dirt roads at a leisurely pace with a rough itinerary mapped out using the book, Camps 6. I plan on doing about 450km per day, give or take a couple of hundred. Nothing set in stone.

I had planned to do this trip alone but would like for anyone who may be interested in a trip like this to contact me. I have two others at this stage who are interested in joining me but the more the merrier. The other two ride BMW GS800's.

I am in my 40's, am a road rider (FJR1300) normally and not known for my daredevil exploits on a dirt bike. I carry an EPIRB for security, plan on free camping except for Gympie and there are some extended sections without fuel. From Birdsville down through Innaminca etc there is a 425km section. The ability to do that or carry enough fuel is important.

My contact details are Chris Smith 0428 101343 or rugged.aussie@hotmail.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: