EBT Forum / For all Things Bikes
August 20, 2018, 06:58:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Update on my gt80  (Read 7966 times)
Mick
Full Throttle

Founder of EBT Forum, but no longer owner..

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2009, 08:30:28 PM »

Just a hint for you Frosty, dont use the flash when taking photos of these just put them outside were it is bright and then you will get that shot you are looking for, I look forward to seeing this finished, it will be better than any resto I will ever do that is for sure.

Cheers Mick.

Your a long time dead, so get out there and enjoy yourself while you still can :-) would loved to have been able to race vintage enduro bikes in Victoria, but sadly that as yet has not happened, so many blokes would have loved to be able to race, owell shit loads of us still have the memory's of racing enduro bikes back in the late 70's and 80's, time to move on to other things I guess :-) but if racing classes for vinduro bikes start then I will dust off my bike and be out there racing my old bike as that is what it was made for ( Racing )
frostype400
Global Moderator
Full Throttle

pe400 benalla

« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2009, 09:23:03 PM »

i dont think it will be doing much riding i think my mate will be happy to just look at it the photos were taken in the shed so the light through the windows etc etc didnt make for a good shot the colour is spot on original and looks great the metallic paint he really did a good job i will have to go thank him and get him to do my rd 250 tank etc etc when im ready it will hopefully be like new all the parts i have i have got for it are going to make it look very special there is alot more parts to this bike than meets the eye it has alot of wiring and is basically a full roadbike scaled down a fraction i will post more and more photos soon i still need more bits but i know roughly what i need its there will be a few bits at the end ill need to add because there will be some stuff misssing and i have to get the seat sorted out wait till late next week should have the stickers late this week take the oil tank back and have it finished put the window and cap on it will look a lot better so will the headlight when i get every thing rechromed i think i will even get the shocks redone the wheels should polish up nicely thanks Michael. Smiley

pe400x2 74gt80a 76rd250cd mt250 wanted tm400 project and suzuki pe parts.
frostype400
Global Moderator
Full Throttle

pe400 benalla

« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2009, 10:04:08 PM »

i cant wait either but im going to have to Grin i decided to get some bits out from under the bed the nos speedo which goes to 100kmh which that would have to be a land speed record for a gt80 and the grips and seat latch with keys they have dust on them but they are going to look great didnt get all the bits out ill be there for hours heres two more photos thanks Michael. Smiley

frostype400
Global Moderator
Full Throttle

pe400 benalla

« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2009, 04:02:04 PM »

ok did some more work today sprayed the frame exhaust seat etc etc gloss black its looking good i will take photos later and lucky i found a few cracks in weird spots we oxy welded the up and its looking good just need to find out what else i need and i will be set to start rebuilding thanks alot Michael. Smiley

frostype400
Global Moderator
Full Throttle

pe400 benalla

« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2009, 10:11:08 PM »

got the seat back yesterday absolutley great job buy the upholsterer he custom made this cover exactly like original new foam etc etc looks great and the foam is the exact right stuff not to hard or soft it cost me $140 and i had to get a base and i bought another gt80 to show him a ratty old cover to model from nearly ready to start to assemble i need to put my top and bottom end bearings in and it will be ready to start to put back together thanks Michael. Smiley

Mick
Full Throttle

Founder of EBT Forum, but no longer owner..

« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2009, 11:18:16 PM »

That seat has come up good Frosty, I look forward to seeing the hole bike.

Cheers Mick.

Your a long time dead, so get out there and enjoy yourself while you still can :-) would loved to have been able to race vintage enduro bikes in Victoria, but sadly that as yet has not happened, so many blokes would have loved to be able to race, owell shit loads of us still have the memory's of racing enduro bikes back in the late 70's and 80's, time to move on to other things I guess :-) but if racing classes for vinduro bikes start then I will dust off my bike and be out there racing my old bike as that is what it was made for ( Racing )
frostype400
Global Moderator
Full Throttle

pe400 benalla

« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2009, 11:40:00 PM »

i just bought some more parts the seat is a top job it would be hard to find better seeing as it is a custom cover it looks like the original the bike has been a slow money and time consuming excersize but it will show it when it finished need to have the wheels done and a few things rechromed a few more little parts and it will be ready to go  Smiley

frostype400
Global Moderator
Full Throttle

pe400 benalla

« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2009, 06:49:56 PM »

did some more work today its looking pretty good got the seat on sprayed some more bits foot pegs and kick stand are on airbox is on just need my wheels done shocks done a few bits rechromed few more little parts put the new bottom and top end bearing in and start to put it together it is looking good every new bit i put on make its look a touch better and sat the tank on for a look i have trouble realising it is the same bike i used to ride that was painted red and nearly falling to peices its come a long way my mate the original owner is very happy and he hasnt seen the seat only the tank and a few other little peices thanks Michael. Smiley

frostype400
Global Moderator
Full Throttle

pe400 benalla

« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2009, 06:51:04 PM »

i will get some photos tommorow of the frame and tank etc etc sitting on the frame  Smiley

frostype400
Global Moderator
Full Throttle

pe400 benalla

« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2009, 12:03:50 AM »

with my frame and other bits i have sprayed i have used etch primer from Leith's advice and have had great results it helps the paint stick better and seems to be good stuff i will keep using it by the looks of the frame etc etc thanks Michael. Smiley

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: