EBT Forum / For all Things Bikes
October 18, 2018, 05:07:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Update On Micks IT 175 G  (Read 9056 times)
Mick
Full Throttle

Founder of EBT Forum, but no longer owner..

« on: May 15, 2009, 05:21:25 PM »

I finally got around to taking the carbie off and gave her a good clean out as she was full of shit, but it never made the bike run bad, so between the coil playing up and I think the fuel in the pipe was due to leaving the tap on, but I have the bike running good now.

The newer pipe looks a treat on the bike now.

I picked up more bolts, nuts, washers, rubber gromets for side covers all gen Yamaha things in a envolope size bag of goodies for $50.00, I ordered both top and bottom front brake cable guides $24.00 each and some new gaskets for the fuel tap, I got the lights working today and new grips and levers put on.

Only other things I'm going to do is sand with wet & dry the right hand side cover then put sticker on and pull front wheel off and ajust play around with front brake, then give the bike a wash a day or 2 before getting to 3 Bridges.

Cheers Mick.

Your a long time dead, so get out there and enjoy yourself while you still can :-) would loved to have been able to race vintage enduro bikes in Victoria, but sadly that as yet has not happened, so many blokes would have loved to be able to race, owell shit loads of us still have the memory's of racing enduro bikes back in the late 70's and 80's, time to move on to other things I guess :-) but if racing classes for vinduro bikes start then I will dust off my bike and be out there racing my old bike as that is what it was made for ( Racing )
Mick
Full Throttle

« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2009, 07:06:02 PM »

Here are a few photo's of the IT 175 G just a couple more things to do over the next couple of days and then it will be right for 3 Bridges Vinduro, I might take it out for a blast on tuesday.

I am thinking about getting this bike Rec Rego and then I could use it to go on some Pre 85 social ride days anyone interested in doing this, must have Pre 85 bike though  Grin Strathbogie Ranges are about 1 hour drive from us and there is plenty of good riding to be had there.

No DC crap plastic's used here  Grin

Cheers Mick.

Your a long time dead, so get out there and enjoy yourself while you still can :-) would loved to have been able to race vintage enduro bikes in Victoria, but sadly that as yet has not happened, so many blokes would have loved to be able to race, owell shit loads of us still have the memory's of racing enduro bikes back in the late 70's and 80's, time to move on to other things I guess :-) but if racing classes for vinduro bikes start then I will dust off my bike and be out there racing my old bike as that is what it was made for ( Racing )
frostype400
Global Moderator
Full Throttle

pe400 benalla

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2009, 07:06:42 PM »

sounds like youve got it nailed and to think you were a bit worried about having it ready a week ago thanks Michael. Smiley

pe400x2 74gt80a 76rd250cd mt250 wanted tm400 project and suzuki pe parts.
frostype400
Global Moderator
Full Throttle

pe400 benalla

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2009, 07:08:22 PM »

looks really good are you going to touch up the engine only cosmetic i spose good looking bike should go well in the vinduro's so does that make the pe175 next thanks again Michael. Smiley

Mick
Full Throttle

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2009, 07:26:19 PM »

We decided a long time ago that we would not paint the frame or motor as we dont want it looking to pretty or we would not want to ride it, this will always be a work in progress as we find bits for it they will be added, this is one bike I will not be selling anytime soon.

It has cost around $1,600 to this stage, but I found some more parts Yamaha still sell so there on there way next week.

Cheers Mick.

frostype400
Global Moderator
Full Throttle

pe400 benalla

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2009, 07:47:54 PM »

ah ok good trick ill always want to ride my bikes how ever pretty they may be but i will have to test this theory with the gt80 becuase it will hopefully be a very original super clean bike i will probably ride it very carefully though thanks Michael.

Tex
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2009, 10:33:24 AM »

That's a beaut lookin IT Mick. I look forward to seeing it at Three Bridges.

Tex
Mick
Full Throttle

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2009, 07:59:35 PM »

Thanks all, I got the bash plate back on today and picked up another $75.00 worth of nuts bolts, etc all gen Yamaha stuff, bloody dear though, tested out the front brake today it is very spungy so I might have to buy a new cable for this as well which will make it a little better, plus a good clean and sand of brake shoes, I might even cut some grooves in them I have found this in the passed to help.

This bike is no show queen, but like I have said I will add things to it as I find-buy parts for it and slowly get it looking real nice, I would like to restore the tank back to as new, but until I find another tank for it so that I can have one with stickers on and one with out for riding all the time I will leave the not so good looking tank cover on.

I have the seat cover back to spec, but it seems funny how they ( Yamaha ) put the Yamaha on the back of the seat ( which you can not see ) and then put the Yamaha on the back of the tool bag, I would have thought it would make more sense to have seat cover with Yamaha on side plus with the yamaha on the tool bag, but hey thats how they did it then and thats how i'm keeping it now, it also would be good if I could find the blinkers for this model as all the wiring is there plus battery is fitted although this one is flat and so I dont expect the light globe to last to long, all these things will happen slowly down the track.

Cheers Mick.

frostype400
Global Moderator
Full Throttle

pe400 benalla

« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2009, 08:06:40 PM »

motorbikes arent always about making sense Mick alot of yamahas are like that my gt80 on the back aswell as even newer 84 mx100 had yamaha on the back but then they stay looking good where as my PE needed a new cover yamaha on the back of a seat isnt going to get rubbed off to easy in a way its a good idea just as the side shrouds came in on new bikes the stickers bubble but not on radiator shrouds so you dont have to get blue lightning etc etc everytime you want something looking like nos thanks Michael. Smiley

Mick
Full Throttle

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2009, 12:15:20 AM »

Yep been around bikes long enough to know that Frosty,,, and yes that is pretty much why shrouds have become the in thing, ( besides radiators also ), the bike companys gave up trying to get stickers to stay on petrol tanks or is that fuel sells ( American saying ) thats why I dont see the point in spending $100.00 for stickers only to see them lift in no time at all, if they were $20.00 a pair I would not mind so much, so I need to find a tank to ride with and a show me off tank with stickers for the photo's  Grin

Cheers Mick.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: