EBT Forum / For all Things Bikes
December 15, 2017, 05:31:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: KLR 650 Rear Sprocket Sorted.  (Read 15439 times)
Mick
Full Throttle

Founder of EBT Forum, but no longer owner..

« on: March 04, 2016, 09:23:06 AM »

KLR 650 Rear Sprocket Sorted.

It has taken a while now, but finally I have found someone who is making the 38 tooth rear sprocket for the KLR 650, I have had the 38 tooth rear sprocket before and with a 16 front it is great gearing for when traveling on the tar, makes the cruising speed smoother by keeping the taco around 3700rpm at 100kph.
 Like I said I have had the 38tooth sprocket before, so I thought I will buy another, well I must have brought the last 38t rear sprocket in OZ because everywhere I tried no one had one or could even get me one. After asking many companies and people in the bike industry only one mob followed up and searched around the world for me and that was Jeff from MetalGear, it has taken a couple of months, but Jeff has now put in a order with the company he found of 38 tooth rear sprockets that will be landing here in Australia by mid April, thanks for your efforts in getting this sorted Jeff.

https://www.facebook.com/metalgearbraking/?fref=ts

Your a long time dead, so get out there and enjoy yourself while you still can :-) would loved to have been able to race vintage enduro bikes in Victoria, but sadly that as yet has not happened, so many blokes would have loved to be able to race, owell shit loads of us still have the memory's of racing enduro bikes back in the late 70's and 80's, time to move on to other things I guess :-) but if racing classes for vinduro bikes start then I will dust off my bike and be out there racing my old bike as that is what it was made for ( Racing )
mike52
Clubman

« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2016, 08:23:47 PM »

Sky gearing Mick.
Bring a bigger one next time you come up. Grin
Mick
Full Throttle

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2016, 09:00:09 PM »

The first time I came to your place on my KLR I was running a 38t rear, 16 / 38 is perfect for road travel and normal dirt roads, I will carry a 14 / 44 set as well as chain to suit for those harder going areas :-)

By the way it is your turn to head south  Grin   Afro

Cheers Mick.

Your a long time dead, so get out there and enjoy yourself while you still can :-) would loved to have been able to race vintage enduro bikes in Victoria, but sadly that as yet has not happened, so many blokes would have loved to be able to race, owell shit loads of us still have the memory's of racing enduro bikes back in the late 70's and 80's, time to move on to other things I guess :-) but if racing classes for vinduro bikes start then I will dust off my bike and be out there racing my old bike as that is what it was made for ( Racing )
mike52
Clubman

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2016, 01:48:09 PM »

Headed down your way last week Mick but only got to Wingham .
Mick
Full Throttle

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2016, 01:56:35 PM »

Headed down your way last week Mick but only got to Wingham .

Adventure riders weekend in Nov are you Warwick sleepers coming down? plenty of time to plan for it  Grin

Cheers Mick.

mike52
Clubman

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2016, 12:58:18 PM »

Got a sore arse after 4 days Mick so probably not. Shocked
Mick
Full Throttle

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2016, 05:02:41 PM »

Got a sore arse after 4 days Mick so probably not. Shocked

Girls dicks you QLD blokes  Grin Cheesy come on make some effort and come on down, drive a car with bikes on trailers if your back sides cant cope with a long ride, once here you can camp at my 3 bedroom farm house and we can all ride over to the event, everyone will think you tuff QLD blokes rode all the way to Vic  Roll Eyes  Grin only we will know the truth  Cheesy

Cheers Mick.

mike52
Clubman

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2016, 08:23:39 PM »

Yer , until you tell everyone  Evil
Mick
Full Throttle

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2016, 08:43:49 PM »

Yer , until you tell everyone  Evil

I want tell anyone, as I will happily take you high country way there, your bikes will be that dirty by the time we get there, everyone will think for sure you rode all the way :-)

You said you did 1,600K on your last ride, well it is only 1,300K to my place near Shepparton, so take some harden the f#ck up pills and come down in Nov, this event here will shit all over last years northern event :-)

Cheers Mick.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: