EBT Forum / For all Things Bikes
May 27, 2019, 11:22:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Motologic Officially Set To Take Over Honda Australia's MX and SX Program  (Read 1994 times)
Facebook
« on: December 16, 2015, 09:44:37 PM »

Honda Australia and Motologic have announced that from 2016, the Honda road and off-road racing teams are set to join forces.

Currently housing Honda Australia’s superbike racing team, Motologic will expand its operation in Melbourne’s Northern suburbs to include the Honda motocross/supercross team.

Managing the project is Paul Free, himself an ex-superbike Racer.

Honda first employed Paul in 2002 to re-establish their in house factory superbike team. In 2004 and 2005, Paul lead the team to two supersport and superbike championships.

In 2007, Motologic became the new Honda superbike race team headquarters. Outside of the race team duties Motologic is a fully functioning retail workshop which carries out both general and specialized work on all makes and models of motorcycle, both on road and off road.

In 2008 Motologic won another Australian superbike championship title. With many podium finishes in between, Team Honda Racing finished 1-2-3 in the 2014 Australasian Superbike Championship, and also won the AFX-Superbike Championship. Rounding out their most successful season to date, the team also won the Phillip Island Championship in 2014.

The 2015 Australian superbike racing season has just ended and Team Honda Racing made it a double victory; taking out the title in the Swann Insurance Australasian Superbike Championship and the AFX-Superbike Championship for the 2nd year running.

“I am really looking forward to the new challenges of running both teams." Free enthused. "I carry a lot of experience in the road sector of racing, so I am very comfortable with where our team is placed there.

"I don’t have a lot of experience in the motocross and supercross arena and understand it is a steep learning curve but I am looking forward to bringing it all together. My goal is to create an off-road team of riders and staff that enjoy working together around the Honda brand as much as my road team currently does.

"Preparations are well underway and we look forward to the 2016 racing season.”

Both teams will be operating from just one facility at Motologic’s Melbourne-based premises.

At this point in time there has been no official announcement on who will ride for the new look Motocross and Supercross team, but heavey speculation has current Australian MX2 champion Jay Wilson lining up alongside Victorian Dylan Long aboard Honda's CRF450R.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: