EBT Forum / For all Things Bikes
December 15, 2017, 05:26:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Funnel Web Filters  (Read 23576 times)
Mick
Full Throttle

Founder of EBT Forum, but no longer owner..

« on: August 31, 2015, 10:46:22 PM »

https://funnelwebfilter.com.au/shop/

Your a long time dead, so get out there and enjoy yourself while you still can :-) would loved to have been able to race vintage enduro bikes in Victoria, but sadly that as yet has not happened, so many blokes would have loved to be able to race, owell shit loads of us still have the memory's of racing enduro bikes back in the late 70's and 80's, time to move on to other things I guess :-) but if racing classes for vinduro bikes start then I will dust off my bike and be out there racing my old bike as that is what it was made for ( Racing )
Mick
Full Throttle

« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2015, 12:09:15 AM »

I brought 3 of these for my KLR 650 and after using them in very dusty conditions I can report they let dust through, now I used belray air filter oil and I drowned the air filter in this oil then squeezed out the excess oil, then fitted the air filter and then did my days riding in pretty dusty conditions and the funnel web air filter let dust through, I will never again use one of these filters in any dusty riding, there only good for wet days and tar riding.

I then put one of my twin air, air filters in for the next days dusty riding and NO DUST GOT THROUGH, so back to twin air filters I go........

I was not at all happy that dust went through my motor, and I will be letting funnel web filters know just how I feel about this to, f#cking pissed off is a understatement.........

Your a long time dead, so get out there and enjoy yourself while you still can :-) would loved to have been able to race vintage enduro bikes in Victoria, but sadly that as yet has not happened, so many blokes would have loved to be able to race, owell shit loads of us still have the memory's of racing enduro bikes back in the late 70's and 80's, time to move on to other things I guess :-) but if racing classes for vinduro bikes start then I will dust off my bike and be out there racing my old bike as that is what it was made for ( Racing )
Husky 85
Full Throttle

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2015, 07:28:20 PM »

slick advertising does it every time.....

cant beat a comfy seat!
frostype400
Global Moderator
Full Throttle

pe400 benalla

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2015, 09:07:46 PM »

I have got one to try in my pe400 I will have a look at it when I finally run it but it certainly looked the goods.

Did you only try the one funnel web filter or all 3 you had?? maybe it could have not seated properly once I don't know they have pics of the air filter on other pages absolutely filthy with nothing passed through.

Worries me slightly but I will give mine a crack and see if I had the same result I wouldn't use one again.

pe400x2 74gt80a 76rd250cd mt250 wanted tm400 project and suzuki pe parts.
Mick
Full Throttle

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2015, 09:27:48 PM »

Yep it was seated right, Mike also seen the filter, the dust came through evenly all through the inside, it left the plastic cage pattern on the inside of the filter, I can tell all that, the day it happened the dust was super thin bull dust, but still the bloody thing was dripping wet with oil.

On a close look, these filters only have one layer unlike other quality filters that have 2 layers, one course and one fine.

I am going to look into this more and see if anyone else has had the same thing happen.

mike52
Clubman

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2015, 07:08:40 AM »

Had a look at the gay funnel web stubby cooler someone gave me and it's only one layer. Shocked
LWC3077
Full Throttle

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2017, 11:27:30 PM »

Ahh this is amazing. Just read something where someone said they would not use any thing other than a funnel web filter. Checked out their website, looked convincing. Knew a few guys on here tried them so thought i would have a quick check what was said. Looks like an old school Twin air or UNI from the 70's is still the go. Mick has some strong comments against Funnel Web here.
And i know some people roll their eyes when i continue to recommend Ohlins shocks from 1978. Sometimes the old school shit is just better! No marketing gimmicks, no hidden agendas, No BS sales talk.

Husky 85
Full Throttle

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2017, 09:05:05 AM »

Lucky they don't do older huskys  Cheesy

the twin air on the hoosk does a good job. cant beat bel ray oil.

cant beat a comfy seat!
Mick
Full Throttle

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2017, 12:24:21 PM »

At the time this happened to me, I was away riding with Mike52 in QLD and Mike made a good point, that is the funnel Web filters actually have less surface for the dust, as in the pyramids direct the dust more to less filter area, because the dust tends to gather all around the pyramids.

I still have 3 of them but now only use them for tar riding, before I hit the dusty areas, in go's the twin air filter..

mike52
Clubman

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2017, 08:44:10 AM »

Did you get onto this mob Mick ?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: