EBT Forum / For all Things Bikes
October 18, 2018, 03:32:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: yamaha ag 175  (Read 6657 times)
Bradkx86
Intermediate

« on: April 27, 2015, 09:36:22 PM »

hey guy's im looking at buying a ag175 off gumtree it looks not bad the bloke sent me a video of it running to my email it needs a clutch cable and a chain so im still unknown if it rides once ive fitted those couple of parts the bloke says he has had it for few weeks and he hasnt done anything to it i dont know what to look for an what those bikes are like so im thinking what if i buy it and its does start but once fitted those parts it wont move the bike is $190 but its in not bad shape apart from the normal rust on the frame from ageing any input or advise would be a great help its would be just a bike i can semi do up to my liking to suit me
Bradkx86
Intermediate

« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2015, 10:30:29 PM »

someone on here must know heaps on 2 stroke bikes i dont know much about 2 strokes at all
Bradkx86
Intermediate

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2015, 10:41:17 AM »

and seller just advised me that engine does select through the gears so im unsre if i have anything to worry about or just take a punt with it
Prospector
Novice

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2015, 01:00:26 PM »

Hi Brad, You don't get much for $190 these days, it maybe that price for a reason or it could be a good pick up. If it runs and selects gears it should ride If the clutch works. Clutch cable might be around $40 or so and a chain normally $85. Two strokes are basic and easy to work on, ag bikes were designed to chase sheep around a paddock, they can be fun to just tear around a paddock. If your happy to shell out $300 to see what happens go for it, if you could go look at it that would be best.
Cheers, Pete
Husky 85
Full Throttle

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2015, 09:22:20 PM »

ag bikes are like that either a cheap bargain or they are stuffed. you should get a hundred bucks from a wrecker if its cactus inside so may be worth a punt.

cant beat a comfy seat!
Bradkx86
Intermediate

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2015, 11:20:11 PM »

this is link to the photos of the ag175             http://www.slickpic.com/organizer/albums/BradNicholson/YamahaAg175#10332239    what do you think
Husky 85
Full Throttle

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2015, 08:44:19 PM »

the fact that he has had it for a few weeks makes me sus. he is either palming off a drama he didn't expect or he has just got it for nothing and wants to make a few quid. no chain means no test ride means you don't find out its shagged internally till he has your money.

ask him if you can bring a chain along and test ride it. if he is happy for you to ride it it may be ok but he gets all funny, it may be for a reason. you should be able to find a cheap chain at a wreckers for a test run. I know were talking a couple of hundred bucks but if its missing a few teeth off the drive gears internally. you may be out of luck for a cheap bike.

cant beat a comfy seat!
Bradkx86
Intermediate

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2015, 10:08:13 PM »

didnt end up getting it anyways as i keept asking questions about it that he said he didnt know and as he was just out of town he said he was happy to drop off to me then he asked me if i was keen i said if it runs i would get it then he maid out he was too busy to drop off so all i said to him was ok then and now he has relisted back on gumtree not worth the hastle anyways thanks for the advise guy's
Bradkx86
Intermediate

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2015, 07:24:45 AM »

a bloke last night offerd me a 1992 dt200 just needs new rings in ok nic just missing rear fender and he also has a 1978 yz80 he is keen on my 1980 xr200 and i have few honda 125 ct/xl bikes was talking to him yesterday he wanted $500 for the pair so i may have struck a swap him and cash his way if need be ill see how this deal pans out
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: